Bird House Gourds And More Gourd Craft Ideas
Gourd Birdhouse Arts & Crafts
Bird house gourds are not the only thing you can make with gourds. Here are some additional gourd craft ideas in addition to bird house gourds.Mate Gourd Ornaments 'Birdhouse' Set of 3 Engraved Original Folk Art NOVICA Peru
End Date: Wednesday Apr-23-2014 9:32:55 PDT
Buy It Now for only: US $26.99
Buy it now | Add to watch list
In the spirit of my recent gourd theme, I would like to share with you 5 great things you can make with gourds. This is certainly not the end of what you can do with gourd art but it can give you a great start when it comes to ideas.
1. Table Centerpiece or Setting- You can created a fabulous table setting using dried, decorated gourds. This would be an especially great idea around Thanksgiving but anytime of the year is great as well.
2. Birdhouses- You can create bird house gourds for small birds out of large, dried gourd shells. Additionally, you can also make bird feeders in almost the same way. These are great for small birds to perch on and make a great addition to your garden or porch or in front of a window in your home so you can watch the birds come explore your birdhouse gourd or bird feeder.
3. Dippers and Bowls- You can use dried gourds to make decorative dippers and bowls that will look great on your fall table or anytime of year.
4. Musical Instrument- You can make a musical instrument (such as maracas or shakers) out of filled dried gourds. Children especially like this craft idea and find it great fun to make musical instruments and decorate it themselves.
5. Decorate it- My favorite thing to do with gourds is to decorate it and display it as art. There is literally no end to the great ideas and creations you can come up with. You can go wherever your imagination takes you.
There are so many different types of gourd art. You can really have a great time painting, carving and designing gourds of all shapes and sizes.
Author: Lisa A Mason
Lisa Mason is a freelance writer with a specialty in Internet content and SEO articles. She has written thousands of articles, hundreds of ebooks and thousands of website pages and related content. She has also authored her own books and works as a consultant to other writers, Internet marketers and Internet businesses.
Lisa Mason, Professional wordsmith for hire: gamer, wife, mother, entrepreneur, published poet, co-owner of game guides company, public speaker and Internet business consultant. You can learn more or follow Lisa’s blog from her website: http://www.freelancewriter4hire.com. You can see more articles like this at: http://giftsanddecor.wordpress.com/
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Lisa_A_Mason
So this post is for them and anyone else who may be interested in birdhouse gourds. These are birdhouse gourds, after drying over the winter. A gourd is inedible. Usually used for decorative purposes or vessels to hold liquids.
I would really love more ideas and am working on a "Green ideas this weekend" weekly linky topic…..stay tuned! Pumpkins must be hearty little seeds to have come through that! I love gourds. Especially the ones you can make bird houses out of. I need to grow gourds in fact.
A birdhouse, or bird-feeder, constructed from a single gourd is a also another creative use of this vegetable. The gourd lends itself well to this use because of its bulbuous base and strong neck that allows it to be hung outdoors.
Parents can help make bird houses, painted gourd creatures, musical instruments, or decorative bowls and vases. By the time gourds dry, Christmas is just around the corner, and gourd crafts make excellent gift ideas for teachers.
Last year my older brother bought and painted several bird house gourds. It looked like fun and like something I could do, so when I saw some dried gourds for sale on craiglist I bought them. I gave him some and kept some for myself.
This Website has everything you need to know about creating and caring for your gourd music makers! Make a Bird House This is a fun way to get your children interested in observing the natural inhabitants of your back yard.
We’re growing birdhouse gourds for making birdhouses and rhythm instruments, and bushel basket gourds for making baskets and drums. Crafting a Green World features do-it-yourself projects that incorporate reused, recycled, and natural materials. Find knitting, sewing, crocheting, and other project ideas for eco-friendly and fashionable clothes, crafts.
Kids can make gourd rattles from bird house gourds, marakas, dippers, or even small ornamentals. Sometimes, the gourd seeds inside make enough noise on their own. If kids want a louder rattle, parents can drill a hole large enough to plug with a cork and allow kids to … Musical instruments are just one example of the crafts kids can create with a gourd harvest. Painted gourd creatures, birdhouses, bowls, spoons, and vases all make great gift ideas.
But unlike zucchini, there is no limit to what you can do with gourds. By drying ornamental gourds, you can keep them intact indefinitely. You can use them to make bird houses, containers, pots and silly, whimsical decorations.
I always seem to get these ideas completely stuck in my head, next think you know I am obsessed with learning about something and implementing some silly project. My latest thing is that I have decided to grow gourds for bird houses.Mail this post